• Hillside Community Food Bank
• South Plainfield Social Services Department
• Crop Walk for hunger relief
• Knit & Kneel - donations of knitted/crocheted prayer shawls, lap blankets, and baby blankets and hats as needed to St. Peter’s Hospital Neo-natal Unit.
• United Methodist Communities of New Jersey
• Plainfield YMCA Overnight Homeless Shelter
• Disaster relief through the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR)
• Conference mission programs through the United Methodist Church
• Nyagidha Village, Homa Bay, Kenya - various types of support for the villagers
• Drop your loose coins into the Heifer bank located in the Narthex to support this international program that provides livestock to help at risk families make a living and encourages them to pass it on.
"The United Methodist Church believes God’s love for the world is an active and engaged love, a love seeking justice and liberty. We cannot just be observers. So we care enough about people’s lives to risk interpreting God’s love, to take a stand, to call each of us into a response, no matter how controversial or complex. The church helps us think and act out a faith perspective..."
Excerpt from The Book of Resolutions of the United Methodist Church 2016. Copyright 2016 by the United Methodist Publishing House.
For more information on this topic, visit United Methodist Church and Society.